Monday, December 17, 2012

New Post..finally!

Wassup guuuyys! I haven't been blogging much lately. I've been sort of busy with a couple projects I'm juggling at the moment, as well as moving and so much other things. This is one of the projects I'm currently working on. It is basically a weather app, but that really caters to your travels. Flight tracking, traffic updates, weather updates, and a bunch of other cool features!

I think it's really dope. One of the features that I like and really worked hard to get right was the location search. What I noticed that was lacking in other weather apps was the lack of a location search option for multiple locations with the same name. You can search via zip code, city name, IP Address, or latitude and longitude. Even the stock weather app that comes with my phone doesn't provide this simple, but extremely useful feature.

What I really wanted to do here was as I mentioned above, really cater to the user's travel and  commute. Sure, get me the weather..big deal. What about if I have a flight soon? What about the traffic currently in my area?. I don't know, but this is the kind of app I would really use often. Anyways, check out some screenshots below. I really wanted to go with a simple yet unique, translucent theme for the UI..and of course the Action Bar for easier navigation.

I'll be releasing a beta version soon and will need a bunch of feedback from users before I publish it to the Play Store. If you would like to be considered for the beta, please drop your email below!

Also. I will be writing up a bunch of tutorials on various things that I had to do while building this app. The app uses fragments extensively as well as a bunch of other cool features that I would like to share. If you're interested in any of these technologies, then stay tuned..





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Best Web Host