Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Introduction

Hello there, and welcome to the blog!

First a brief introduction. My name is Jade Byfield. I'm a huge fan of Java and I've recently started developing for Android. I have to say that I love it. I'm also very passionate about graphic designing and making pretty things in PhotoShop CS5(my tool of choice). I find that app development perfectly incorporates both my passion for designing as well as writing code.

 I'm 23 years old. Born in Kingston, Jamaica. Moved to Brooklyn, New York at about age 8 and I've been living in Miami, Florida for the past 5 years.

Why even start a blog?



1) First, I wanted a dedicated space to share my passion for Android dev. I feel like talking about your ideas and sharing them with others is(sometimes) the best way for them to grow. Here I will host my apps, discuss the development process in detail, talk about issues that I encountered while developing and brainstorm future ideas. If you're interested in learning how to make the next big app and being on your way to retirement with a 7 figure bank account(lol)...then follow along. No but seriously, I think Passion in the work is far more important that any hope of financial success. Sure, we all want our ideas to do well; but let's not forget about the love for software development as well.

2) I wanted to help other developers and newbie programmers avoid some of the pitfalls that I took when I just started in the fall of 2011. I am by no means an expert, and my knowledge of the framework is growing every day as I read and learn as much as I can when I am not working. I had a little experience with Java prior to getting into Android, primarily through a few programming courses I took at university.

I believe that the best way to learn and to teach is through simplicity. There's no need to make complex things bigger when trying to explain or understand them. I remember reading books and watching videos about Android last year and wondering, "Why did you take so many words to explain that". I believe that teaching is one of the greatest skills you can learn while alive, but sadly a lot of books and other material you will come across in your journey for greater knowledge will only complicate the process even more.

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." ~ Albert Einstein

The purpose of this blog is simple. To share and to take share. To share what I've learned and to take away whatever knowledge I can from anyone that reads it. That's what drew me to Open Source. The resources at your disposal(especially in this age) is truly awe-inspiring. With a bit of effort and determination, it's amazing what one can learn. 


Twitter 

Stack Overflow 

That's all for now. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Best Web Host